9.22.2008

what i nobody wants to say

ah hell, I'll say it.

I'm scared shitless about the economy. And its normally not something that I give much thought to. But the more I read the more I'm sure that the world just changed. And not in a good way. And while all this stuff has yet to trickle down to a mid market television station and a senior writer/producer at said station...its coming. We're owned by a group of bankers, who right now are sitting in a smoke-filled room with a map of all our stations. And they aren't happy.

Perhaps I'm overreacting. And there are actually plenty of jobs in my field. Elsewhere. And then I'll have to sell the house (not that anyone is buying houses). And then I'll have to move to a city where I don't know anyone. And then I'll have to....

Ugh. I need to stop reading and go back to playing video games.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The company I work for was for sale all of last year. It was scary. Every time my boss went out of town, I panicked. We are now off the market, and I am still not relaxed.

You are not overreacting. If you don't have a savings account, now's a good time to start one.