9.11.2008

Trivial

Oh dammit.

The trivia question was- put these in order from oldest to newest based on the year they won Best Picture.

Braveheart
Schindler's List
Driving Miss Daisy
Silence of the Lambs

I immediately wrote down the years they won. We discussed it for a while, and we agreed-

Driving Miss Daisy
Silence of the Lambs
Schindler's List
Braveheart

So I wrote this down on the card to turn in:

Driving Miss Daisy
Silence of the Lambs
Braveheart
Schindlers List

In my defense, I showed it to everyone at the table. But I still screwed up. And it cost us $25 bucks EACH. There's this pain in the pit of my stomach that won't go away. I'm completely disgusted with myself. I went to bed beating myself up over it, and it was the first thing I thought about this morning. I much prefer when I can direct my anger towards someone else. But not this time.

Dammit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For the record, I didn't see what you actually turned in. I trusted that it was what we discussed. That's not to be mean; that's to say that I trust you! (present tense!) OK. So it sucks that we didn't win. It sucks that we didn't get the money or the points. It definitely sucks. However, we all know that things happen. You wanted to win too; it's not like you did it on purpose. So, all that to say, don't worry about it. I will still be honored to be on your trivia team, and I will still trust you. Now, will I double check your answer before you turn it in next time? Or just write it myself? Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

yeah! revoke his writing privileges.

too bad it's not just a game. otherwise, it'd be no big deal. it's some folks' salaries.