10.26.2007

The Drought

One may wonder where my posts have been. Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, I did one job at the station. I did it well. Someone else did a another job. She did it poorly. She found another job, and I took hers.

All was well. But then the spectre of SWEEPS showed up. And in the past, I would do my little job and she would do hers. Now... it's just me. And since the person who took my old job is out for a week, it's pretty much me. Doing both jobs. And when I'm not doing that, I'm either drinking or sleeping.

Listen, I'm not boohooing over here. Quite the opposite. It's satisfying to do good work and for the most part I'm happy with what I'm producing. But when I come home, I have not had the mental energy to blog.

This is distressing to me. So I am typing this right now. This pseudo blog. I have sworn to blog twice a week. And so it shall be. I will post again on Sunday. Don't give me any of that business about Sunday being the start of the week either. That's crap.

So. That's what I've been up to. On top of that, tomorrow my boss is coming to my house at 6:45am so we can go to Legion Field together to work the Magic City Classic.

November cannot end soon enough. (and yes, I recognize that it has not even started).

1 comment:

Clan Hill said...

I have always believed that Sunday is the end of the week and Monday is the start.