10.09.2007

bills

I've been a Buffalo Bills fan for about 20 years. I don't remember why I chose them. But I did. And this was before they went (and lost) to four Super Bowls. I went through that. Not as a geographical fan. But as a fan. So tonight, in the midst of vacating as only I do (not going anywhere, but not working), I watched them play with the undefeated cowboys for 3 quarters and 14:58 seconds. And then, in the way that only one who follows the Bills would understand and accept, they blew it.

I am not shocked. I'm not even that upset by it. Choosing the bills arbitrarily as I did, I should have expected no less.

My fall week off has begun. I'd like to tell you tales of adventure, but truthfully, I'm just kind of hanging around. I should probably go somewhere. But I'm horrible at planning such events. So I'm here. Not working. Sleeping late. Playing Halo. Edging the driveway. Laundering.

There's a nagging feeling that I should GO SOMEWHERE during my week off. I WENT SOMEWHERE in August, though. And honestly, I could not spend money and that wouldn't be a bad thing. I must resist this pressure. I think I will play disc golf tomorrow. And perhaps, if the mood strikes me, I will play some Halo.

So say we all.

No comments: