3.15.2008

Mac Pro-ing

So I am typing this on my fancy new computer. I had planned on actually going out Friday, but the lure of the Mac won out. It also doesn't hurt to save a little money on the day when I spent as much as I did on this thing. My first impressions.

1. It's heavy. I mean really heavy. And all metal.

2. it's much taller than my old PC case. Makes me feel like I put a divider up in my room.

3. Setup and installation was by far the easiest I have ever participated in. It found the keyboard, mouse, monitor, internet, external hard drive without me telling it anything. After my recent experience with Vista, which came out 5 years after the first version of OSX, I am actually stunned that Microsoft remains so clunky. And it will take some serious, serious issues with this computer/OS for me to ever go back.

4. I've successfully acquired all the programs I need. I gave it something to stew on earlier- a couple of serious renders. I'm convinced its actually faster than the one I have at work. Which is kind of funny.

5. The keyboard is about a 1/4 inch thick. its very strange, but surprisingly not bad. It's made of metal so you could probably hurt someone with it.

In other news I think I'm sick. All sniffly and down to one nostril. Too much info, I know. I also bagged 9 bags of leaves/mulch, and cut down about 9 small trees today. The pillaging of the backyard flora continues.

Quick movie review and I'm out-

King of Kong was incredible. I'm going to make my parents watch it. Highly recommend.

No comments: