3.03.2008

I'm not compensating, Really.


The era of the PC is over in my house.
This was not an easy decision- it is the most I've spent on a computer, ever. Here's why I bought it:

1. My PC likes to restart, especially when I'm in the middle of a video project. I have the auto save set to 1 minute now. I could probably diagnose the problem, but this was a clear sign that it's time for the upgrade.
2. I don't HATE Vista, but I don't like it either.
3. I have a Mac at work and coming home to my PC makes me sad.
4. Seriously. 8 cores. Do I need 8 cores? Probably not. But I have them. If you would like to borrow a core or two, I might be able to hook you up.
5. I spent 6 years editing on Adobe Premiere. I spent 4 months editing on the (Mac only) Final Cut Pro. I want to have Final Cut Pro's babies.
6. I can actually justify this as a tax writeoff.
7. For the first time since 1998, I will have a computer with a warranty that I didn't build myself.
8. A local dealer lopped about 200 bucks off the price.

So there. My computer is better than your computer. Deal with it. Embrace it. You'll have your day soon.

No comments: