9.17.2007

Tempted as it may be... (Superbad 11/10)

I am not going to discuss Auburn football. I will not write about how pathetic they looked in a loss to a school they should never lose to (the very school that caused Alabama's coach to get fired last year). I won't bring it up again.

Let's talk about Superbad. I'll try to remain focused and review this movie calmly. Deep breath... OK.

Superbad is the greatest film in the history of cinema.

OK, that wasn't a good start. Let me explain. There have been films throughout my life that naive or no, I consider to be in my wavelength. Clerks definitely fell in that category. And while Superbad is about high school (mostly), it still fits. Perfectly. It's not even the events in the movie- it's the tone. It really reminded me of growing up. And on top of that, it's hysterical. A lot of times I'll watch a movie and not buy into it and start picking it apart from a story or technical aspect and derive enjoyment out of that. But the good ones make me forget all that. Children of Men did that (for very different reasons). I got completely lost in Superbad- never questioned the characters or situations. That's not to say it isn't ridiculous- it is. But it didn't affect me at the time.

I'm staying vague for a reason. Go see this movie now.

2 comments:

Clan Hill said...

samezees

Katy C. said...

I absolutely freaking LOVED this movie. And I don't generally go for movies that are along this line of humor. But SUPERBAD, I just couldn't resist :o)

McLovin'!!!!