9.13.2007

Sony Defense Force!

Meanwhile, in the world of video games...

Sony Defense Force is my new favorite blog about video games. Let me initiate you into dorkdom very briefly. Xbox and Wii have their shit together. Sony is languishing with an overpriced console and very few noteworthy games. It has become a running joke over the years how pathetic Sony has become. So what is a blog to do?

Get Defensive.

Here are some examples.

At first, you look at it as just some rabid fans, who are playing the age old my X is better than your Y. It's America at its finest- Coke/Pepsi, GM/Ford, ad infinitem. And I'm fine with that. But after reading it for a while, you realize... it's a giant joke. It has to be. Look at the last link above- they take the August sales numbers and combine all things Playstation to show that the "Playstation Brand" is the leader. Right NEXT to that, you see the two Nintendo systems. And if you added them up... well you'd need another chart. Once you get the joke- that this site is the equivalent of the Colbert Report- it's really an interesting read. I saw the NPD numbers on Kotaku, and I immediately went to SDF waiting to see how they'd spin it. Brilliant. I wish I had thought of it.

Oh, and try out the flash game called Bloxorz over there...
I am completely addicted to it------------->

No comments: