4.21.2008

it wins

i stand in complete awe of The World's Hardest Game. It's just a little web based flash game. Turn down the speakers. Go ahead. I'll wait for you.

Yeah. Wow. I wonder what the other 28 levels are like.

I spent a healthy portion of today looking at cars. I slobbered over an Infiniti G35, FX45, and (oddly) a Honda Fit.

It's kind of scary that while it doesn't make a ton of sense, I could probably afford an Infiniti. An 4 year old one, before you start thinking I'm loaded over here. But still- not too long ago I never thought I'd have a house and a nice car. Really. I thought I'd be living in a rathole in Southside, typing in banners for the newscast on the weekends. And for a while, that's what I did. I wanted more, and now by some messed up circumstance, I kind of have it. Now before we get too excited, my meager little existence is full of monetary boundaries and obligations of a soul-crushing nature. But looking at these cars today- cars that I seriously never thought I would get a whiff of- it felt kinda good.

With that said, the sensible options are a Honda Fit or a Subaru Forester- both have excellent reviews and I could buy a Fit with the money that's in my couch right now. Yes, it's tiny, but inside it's actually rather roomy. More roomy than a Volkswagen GTI. I felt like I was going to the gynecologist when I got in that thing. And I've never been before. But I hear it's like that.

I'm going to take my time looking and saving up a little more scratch for the down payment. I'd love to find a steal somewhere so I can get the damn thing paid off as soon as possible. But days like today, with that extra hint of heat, remind me that I have to get out of that damned van. Sooner rather than later.

So I have the age old battle of practicality, voiced by the 109 horsepower Honda Fit (or the equally banal Subaru Forester, versus the 280 horsepower Infiniti G35 coupe. Now the Honda will be newer, definately a better service record, and substantially better fuel economy. The Infiniti will destroy everything in its wake with a hypersonic boom, stopping only to pay tickets, guzzle gas and stand around looking like a badass.

I think I know which one I'm getting. What do you think?

4 comments:

Phil said...

A co-worker had an Infiniti. Engine died with sludge build up. We both know you want the Honda anyway. Wasn't it you that said all Subarus suck?

ditchell said...

suzukis suck.

subarus are pretty good. the WRX they have is basically a rally car. If I was going for a manual transmission, I'd look at it.

Anonymous said...

Reasons to get the Infinity:
1. you can airbrush "pussy wagon" on the hood like the dipshit in "Kill Bill."

2. You can do practice runs at the Birmingham horsetrack in preparation for Talledega.

3. You can hit 130 mph on 459 which will result in either death or speeding tickets; neither of which you can afford.

4. Getting in and out of a roadster is going to get easier for a man of your stature as you get older.

5. golf clubs fit nicely in the back.

6. insurance is cheaper

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Anonymous said...

I would go with the Subaru. SUVs are awesome. Hell what do I know I drive a yuppie Altima.

this thing hates my gmail name for some reason. Am I blocked?

annan