7.03.2008

Photo picture making

So. How was your week [that's good, Chris. Engage the reader]

Fantastic. I had a good week too. [and now hook them with your trademark self reflection. No other blog is doing this. Cutting Effing Edge, bro.]

I decided to buy a digital camera. Not just any digital camera, but one of those fancy ones. A Nikon D80, to be exact. Now the most obvious question, and quite a good one, is Why?

Unfortunately there's not really an easy answer. In my "professional career" there have been moments of time when I needed a "real" "camera" [Quote marks make you look smart and are almost never ridiculed for being used in the wrong place]. But those odd times don't necessitate owning one- just knowing who to call on when you need one.

But there's another factor at play here. One I've been toying with during the early part of this very blog. My ego.

I got one. And when I see something creative it never fails that a small part of my brain says "I can do that."

So I bought a camera. I'm reading about f/stops and ISO. And either I'm going to "do that" or I can't. But I need a challenge. I've obviously conquered the "way too old to play Call of Duty on a Saturday morning" challenge. And fortunately for a certain TV station, I'm obviously the shit when it comes to writing and producing. [ I wonder if sarcasm comes across in this medium?]

So let's see what I can do with stillz. Maybe nothing. Maybe I'll just have a kickass camera I use every now and then. Maybe I'll annoy the shit out of you talking about lenses I want. [and there are lenses I want, dear reader]

But whatever. It's something new. I gotta have new things. I gotta either fail or succeed. But I need to try. I have to. Just wait til I get the equipment for my concept album. [whew. they probably think I'm joking]

No comments: