7.29.2008

falling for it

Well everyone ELSE is talking about it.

At first i scoffed. But it is kind of neat. I really like the whole column view thing. I'm not sure it's as good as google- searching for myself was met with mixed results. It found the same thing many times- something that google doesn't do.

But I do like the idea of someone doing something different with search. Competition is good. And when it IPOs I will be on it like a vulture.


In other news:

Cutting the grass today became an exercise in frustration. My new lawnmower (which proudly says in it "Guaranteed to Start") decided to quit while I was cutting the front. Gas and oil a plenty in it, I am stuck as far as what to do next. Mainly because I don't understand the combustion engine, and have no desire to learn its inner workings. I pay people for that. I'll just load it up in the van and take it to a repairman.

Now where did I park that van? Oh wait, there's this expensive still camera sitting where the van was. Hmm.

I am going to see if it starts tomorrow. Perhaps it was flooded or flurged or some other made up word about engines. If that doesn't happen, I'll place the call. It will go something like this.

"Father, it is time. There is a great disturbance in my yard. The lawnmower requires your attention."

"Yes my son. I shall bring my trailer and my own mower to finish the yard when you aren't even there. I will do a better job than you ever could have, and your neighbors will scoff at you for hiring elderly labor. And I shall take your mower back to my lair where I will dissect it, most likely breaking it beyond repair. Then I shall give you my old mower, and use that as an excuse to go buy a new one that will be superior to yours in every way. It will have headlights and a beverage holder. I will never use or understand any of the new features on it, of course."

I am trying to be funny. But he does have a way with things. He'll come over, look it over, and find that one critical thing that I never knew about and twiddle with it. It's infuriating in a way, but I can tell he likes that.

But it's also my fault. The other day my neighbor let me borrow his power washer. Aside: dude, my driveway is WHITE. When he was showing me how it worked, we were talking about how my garage door is on its last legs, shuddering down the track. he looked over and showed me how ALL the bolts on it were loose. I'm talking really loose. I would have never thought to actually check them.

But the laugh is on him! I tightened the bolts and it still appears to be slowly dying. Maybe something else is loose. I need to attack it with wrenches. I'll do that Eventually.

1 comment:

Katy C. said...

Eh. Not so sure about Cuil. After testing b/t both, Google usually brought back the site I wanted w/n the first three links. It was hit or miss with the other site.