7.20.2008

The Dark Knight

I saw the Dark Knight in IMAX tonight.  The IMAX part was cool, but I want to see it in a ral theatre- at times it was just too much.

But the movie. Some of my friends seemed a little underwhelmed. I don't know if they were watching some other movie. 

I said when I saw Batman Begins that finally somebody who's making these things gets it. Tonight I say that somebody who's making these things is a genius. The characterization of the Joker is so concise- so pitch perfect. I had no love for Ledger, but after seeing this, I'm quite sorry the poor bastard is no longer with us. He nailed it. They all did. There are some nits I could pick- but why bother? It's a great movie. It surprised me in many ways, and I can't wait to see it again. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I liked the Imax thing but I think I might have overhyped it in my head. But, I still think I would like it better even after seeing non-imax. Thinking back to the experience, I just see the movie and I don't remember anyone else around in the theatre. It felt like just me and this awesome movie. I don't think the traditional theater gives that same immersive element. At times, it did seem a little overwhelming -- and I hated the distortion on the extreme sides of the screen (that pool cue was severely warped) -- but it felt like I wasn't a mere spectator. The movie itself.. my only nitpick.. I wish the Joker licked his lips 43 less times that he did. That ocd element aside, I thought he did a damn fine job. Jack Nicholson seems like a after school cartoon character next to Ledger's evil genius.

Katy C. said...

I saw Dark Night last night and LOVED it! It was awesome! :o)