2.17.2008

cat wars

So i got a kitten. You can check out flickr over there to see her.

She's ridiculously cute- and yet at the same time an annoying friend who doesn't know when it's time to chill out.

My cat, Koba, despises her. There's hissing, swiping, and low growls that sound like they are coming from his deepest innards. It was very distressing, now its getting old. He cornered her once today, but other than that, avoidance seems to be his plan. I've yet to let them interact with me not around... I don't actually see that going well right now. So she's going to be confined to the computer room during the day. I look forward to the havoc she will create when left unattended.

I got her because of the usual "she's one step from death" sob story. I'm not saying I regret getting her. Well maybe a little. It has upset my house. And given me something new to be concerned with. Those are probably positives- I'll probably go out less, and spend less money. But it also makes me enter that scary prospect of being a cat person. probably too late for that one.

but she's a ton of fun, and i know it will get better.

it's got to get better.

right?

1 comment:

Monica Gray said...

yup. will get better. not saying soon..

i'm thinking you have a while before she knows when it's time to chill out, but you're one step up from us b/c once she and koba get used to each other - and i'm betting they .eventually. will - she'll have someone to play with during the day and maeby (hehehe.) won't be as schizo in the night.

good luck. man, she sure is cute.. :D