1.20.2008

Review: Beatles "Love" 9/10

I'm not supposed to like this. In fact, I put off listening to it for well over a year. Simply because:

1. It's a remix of the Beatles not done by Danger Mouse.
2. It is the soundtrack for Cirque du Soleil.


I'm way too cool for a Beatles remix album. Especially one that is being prepackaged to the masses. I'll take "The Grey Album", thanks.

So I'm cleaning up my iTunes library, and there it is.

And now, I have to admit that its absolutely amazing. I've never heard the Beatles this clear. Even when they did those re-issues... this is light years ahead of that. And I'm not even listening on the 5.1 surround sound version. I think if I heard that my head would explode.

It restores a small amount of my coolness to include the fact that their producer and his son put this thing together. So its um technically um. Crap. No. I'm still this giant goober for liking this thing. I feel cheap.

But its good, dammit. I didn't really want it to be, but it is.

I give it 9/10. Cause I'm not comfortable with it, but I like it.

No comments: