1.27.2008

The Productive Internet Illuminates Itself to Ditchell

So I found some cool stuff.

TED. Holy crap. Lectures by people. Interesting people. Interesting lectures. When you have 20 minutes to learn about ants, watch this. Believe me, its CRAZY. TED has lectures on damn near everything, and I've watched about 20 of them this weekend and enjoyed every one.

Layer Tennis. Basically, it's the sport of Photoshop. One person submits an image, then the competitor responds. This goes on for ten rounds. I believe they only have 15 minutes between images... I could be wrong there. No matter what they have, it's astounding. Even if you don't do the Photoshop, go watch a match (they are on the right side. Once you load one, you'll see numbers 1-10 signifying the rounds).

****

In other news, I went to the inaugural AAFL draft for "Team Alabama". I'm excited about this league. This is the first time one of Birmingham's collection of second hand leagues looks like its doing the right things. My only worry, and I'm not alone, is that they will basically brand themselves Crimson Tide Jr. I cannot support such foolishness.

February sweeps begins for me Monday. I'll be rockin' out promos pretty much every day until the 28th. So work will be like November- stressful but fun. Challenging.

I was going to write about how the Xbox Microsoft sent me is broken. Admittedly it's less broken than the one I sent in. But it's all just too sad. I'm going to have to ship it back, and I don't want to. I'm not proud of this, but I'm enjoying what might be the gayest game ever.

Despite the kiddie exterior, the guts of this game are made by (and for) bastards who slurp up Sim City sequels like things... one... would... slurp.

See I had to go with "slurp" even though I knew I had nowhere to go with it.

One last thing- our boy Springer is leaving town and there will be a party. If you didn't know any of that, send me an email.

1 comment:

Katy C. said...

Hey, I've been debating the purchase of an Xbox just so I can play your shameful game :oP