11.25.2008

Dear Lord,

First of all let me apologize for liking that one Slayer album. I'm sorry. It's really good, though. And the Danzig phase...that's kinda over. I am _not_ going to apolgize for Zeppelin. 

Anyways, we haven't talked in a while. But I have a request. And I think it will benefit you as well as me. 

Please, dear God, let Auburn beat Alabama. I know we've had six in a row. I understand that children in first grade have no conception of Alabama winning the Iron Bowl. I know. 

But this is the year. This is their great comeback. Their return to prominence. All signs point to Saban making them a competent team for years and years. And this is the time when we need it most. All those Alabama flags, dusty from six years in the basement are flying. Shirts long since forgotten are being brought out. The fair weather fans are back. 

Now is the time, God. Now is the time for the reincarnation of Tre Smith. Now is the time for a stunning upset from a team that has looked completely hapless for most of the year. Now is the time for Tuscaloosa to feel that now familiar stinging reminder that Auburn owns them. 

Listen, if you don't want to come through, I guess I can live with that. It's been a good run...hell (sorry!) it's been a great run.  I just want 1 more year. I just want to ruin their dreams. Is that so wrong? I want to hear them crying and moaning. I want to hear some idiot call for Saban's job on Finebaum. 

It would be so sweet.

War Damn Eagle. 

1 comment:

Katy C. said...

Best of luck to you :o)