8.21.2008

withdrawals

I have plans to go "off the grid" next week. I was going to the beach, but I'm kind of waiting to see what Fay does. If I don't go to the beach I might just drive somewhere crazy far away, look at it, and drive back home. Something that takes 4 days to do and does not involve work is all I'm after.

The plan is no internet and no smokes. We shall see which I cave to first. I'm going to take some empty notebooks and see what goes into them. Lo-tech.

I had this fantastic idea to write a screenplay adaptation of "Enemy Ace" a war comic about a fictional world war one pilot. I had it all planned out. but then i read about "Flyboys". I totally missed it- but its a WWI air war movie. The first one made in 40 years. And it bombed (yuk, yuk) at the box office. So let's just pretend I wrote what's in my head and somebody loved it who had a shit ton of money- would it get made?

Hell no it wouldn't. Fucking Flyboys. Ruining my first good idea in a long time. I want to see it now, the trailer looked awesome to me.

Anyways, Enemy Ace is excellent. DC Comics sells these black and white reprint books- 500 pages of comics for 16 bucks. Worth every penny.

i'll blog and pictoralize when i get back ad nauseum. sayonara.

2 comments:

Katy C. said...

Enjoy your break. I shall miss you at trivia!

Clan Hill said...

If you haven't completely left the grid yet, You should head over to Chattanooga. Beautiful town. Great bars, food, shops, book stores. Really awesome town. Only 2 hours away. Too bad you didn't post this yesterday afternoon. My Dad bought some metal machine off ebay and left this morning to drive to Connecticut to pick it up. He's stopping in NYC on the way to see the boy. You could have ridden with him in a no air conditioned suburban.