8.10.2008

Enough about Braid. Here's a bunch of other nonsense...

Cause I'm boring people with Braid talk. It was amazing in ways non video game people can't understand. It was a lot like Portal- it made me think but wasn't unfair. Everyone should play them both but I realize my powers of video game persuasion fall on deaf ears. All you people with lives and such- I'm doing the dirty work for you. I'm playing through games and telling you about them. I should get a medal.

Two other things are in my field of vision this weekend. Spaced, a Brit comedy reccommended by Phil, is excellent. I've seen the entire first season, and am looking forward to the 2nd. But tonight, that was topped. I just watched the first episode of Generation Kill.

Ok. Imagine a show about Marines kicking ass. Set it in the 2nd gulf war. Get the guys who created and wrote The Wire to adapt it for a seven part series for HBO (which means some great and creative cussing). I am sold.

The Wire guys are also prepping a show that takes place in Nola called Treme. I will be all about that, as well.

I have also acquired the first episode of Hard Knocks but haven't watched it yet. The "inside the NFL training camp" series is always one of my favorites. It's interesting watching these guys fight for that last roster spot. None of them are guaranteed anything. It's good tv.

I also dusted off the Rock Band today and realized that I need to play it more often. I suck. Rock Band 2 is coming soon, and when it does there will be a gathering. One surrounded by football, beer, and Rock Band. Since John is no longer in the state, we're going to have to figure out how to use the grill, though.

4 comments:

Clan Hill said...

You best watch yourself! Jason is in a race to finish the downstairs so everyone will want to come to our house for football and Rock Band 2!
If you renovate it, they will come.

ditchell said...

Indeed. I look forward to hanging in the finger room.

Unknown said...

I love Britcoms! Spaced is going on the Netflix list...

Phil said...

Two friends fighting to decide where I get to watch football and play Rock Band 2. I'm in heaven!