6.20.2008

bravado

Well. My bravado regarding the spaying of Maeby has most definitely subsided. I took her in this morning, and picked her up after work. She's... worn out. And unlike when my boy cats got fixed, when I saw the incision I gasped. They GO IN there. And remove things.

I'm feeling quite guilty about the whole thing right now. But I guess it's natural. As long as there aren't any complications, everything should turn out ok. But seriously, it's a big ass cut.

She's moping by my feet right now. The doc suggested I isolate her for a night and let her rest. I went downstairs and watched some TV. When I came back up, somehow she'd gotten in my computer chair. Considering how incredibly sore she is, it must have been a feat. It would be like... well shit. I can't actually relate to what it would be like. I bet it hurt.

I'm thinking about taking the chair out of the room tonight.

So instead of going out on a friday night, I'm drinking bourbon and feeling like shit because I got my cat spayed.

This is living.

No comments: