12.29.2008

Maeby


DSC_3775, originally uploaded by ditchell.

The girl at work who gave me Maeby let me know that her birthday is December 28th. So here is her birthday portrait.

Maeby is sometimes a mean little cat who likes to bite and scratch for fun. But once you accept you're going to come out scathed, she's a blast. She and Koba get along pretty good- right now they're on my bed, sleeping. Waiting for me to go to bed so they can wake me up. They play fight pretty much every day until the old man gets tired of it and runs away. But all is well. It's boring just having one cat. And learning her little quirks is entertaining. My favorite thing about Maeby, and the thing that will probably kill me one day is that she loves to lay on steps. And if she sees you coming, stomping down the hall towards her, she doesn't move. You have to step over her. Cause that is HER step. How dare you even think of moving her? She has no fear of me or anyone else. It is VERY different from Koba.

I didn't do anything special for her birthday. I might devote a blog post to her, but come on, let's not take this cat thing too far.

In other news:

worldofgoo.com

buy it. play it. I don't care who you are reading this, you'll enjoy it. They have a demo you can download if you don't believe me.

2 comments:

Katy C. said...

Maybe it's second kitty sydrome - that sense of entitlement, as Piper is that way as well.

Unknown said...

Awww that is such a good picture! Cat Fancy magazine might give you some money for it!
Mine left me a pile of lizards on the patio yesterday. That's right--a pile. At least 5. She even took the time to dismember them too. What a sweetheart...