10.09.2008

etc.

There's plenty to say but I'm too tired to say it all. 

I've been sick since Sunday. This is the first day I've felt close to normal.

I have played a ton of Warhammer. I love it. It loves me. I will probably speak of this again. My character in the game has a giant sword for an arm. Don't turn your back on him because he will totally stab you when you're not looking. I'm making a career out of that (in game only, I swear). 

I'm reading the new Neil Stephenson book Anathem. It is absolutely incredible. I will also speak of this again. If you're wondering who this is, go buy Cryptonomicon and thank me 1000 pages later. 

The leaves have begun their descent. The days of harvest, mulch, and complain are upon us. 

Due to my warhammer problem, I am typing to you from Windows XP, installed on my mac. This is both hilarious and sad to me. 

Work is actually kinda cool lately. November is looming as THE MONTH. The pressurized finale to my ascension to whatever it is I do. After November, I am going to make some big decisions about the future and such. 8 years at one place is a long time. I'll say that.  I'll also say that if the economy remains like this, I'll just be happy to have a job. 

I'm going to come out and say it, on the internet. I'm voting for Barack Obama. I don't agree with everything but he seems like the best option. This will be the first democrat I've voted for. My shameful presidential voting history- Perot, Nader, Bush (shudder).  I really hated Kerry and I was over Nader in '04. Ugh.

On that note, its half a shot of Nyquil and six hours of crazy dream sleep. And tomorrow writing scripts and Friday, glorious Friday, I don't have to work. I plan on forcing myself to go to the gym, and playing sweet delicious warhammer the rest of the time. 

3 comments:

Phil said...

A day off? You lucky prick. I sat down and figured out I've have 9 vacation hours since we got back from L.A. in April. I told Wendy I'm like the dog that has been tied to a tree for months, and the only thing he can think to do is chew on his own leg and growl at people.

Anonymous said...

i just finished watching my wife rake pine straw. this is three days after i raked pine straw.

i just keeps coming down.

i frackin' hate pine trees.

i hate fall because of all the needles and leaves.

i just wanted a fifth sentence starting with 'i'.

Anonymous said...

err.. i watch it coming down.

(bad news bears with that statement)