11.28.2007

deep breath

so sweeps is over in 45 minutes. Thank God.

We did well. I'd rather not say in specifics, but we did better than our bosses thought we would. And with that hopefully will come some sort of bonus. One would hope.

This has been easily the most taxing month of work I've had. I'm proud of the fact that I didn't make in serious mistake, and the biggest criticism I got was "that spot looks rushed". My response- "That spot was rushed. I had 4 other ones due on the same day as that one."

Between the wreck and work, I just don't feel like I've stopped in a while and just mellowed the hell out. I plan on doing that in the coming weeks because I have one of my fabled "vacations where I don't go anywhere" coming up. But I might actually go somewhere. I don't know, I might not. There will be some raking of leaves. The yard is filling up as I type this. Unfortunately I get off work way past sunset, so the weekend is the only leaf raking time for me. I think I might try to tackle the front yard this weekend.

Lately I've been feeling unsettled. Not bored, but... I don't know. Random. I can't really trace it, but it just feels odd. I don't know what it means, or its cause. But it's there.

Hm. I can't really describe it. Tom Petty can.

I used to live in a two-room apartmentneighbors knockin' on my walltimes
were hard, I don't wanna knock itI don't miss it much at all

Oh
yeah I'm alright I just feel alittle lonely tonightI'm okay, most of the
timeI just feel a little lonely tonight

I used to need your
love so badlythen I came to live with itlately I get a
faraway feelingand
the whole thing starts again

That's a little misleading (this isn't girl related). But the feeling is the
same.

2 comments:

Katy C. said...

Get out of town for a bit on your vacation. It's good for you. I plan on getting out of town again next weekend :o)

Anonymous said...

vegas.